King Edward Vii Academy

About King Edward Vii Academy

King Edward VII Academy is a large, mixed comprehensive secondary school in Gaywood Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, England with around 1, 300 pupils, including about 300 in sixth form education. Prior to the school year beginning in September 1979, KES was an all-boys state grammar school. The school became an academy, sponsored by the College of West Anglia's CWA Academy Trust in September 2014 but following the College's withdrawal from school sponsorship in the summer of 2017 is now part of the Eastern Multi-Academy Trust. In July 2017 another critical Ofsted report judging the school to "require improvement" was followed by the resignation of its Principal, Craig Morrison. HistoryThe history of the school dates to 1510 when former Lord Mayor of Lynn Thomas Thoresby established a provision in his will for a priest to teach six children ‘in grammar and song’. In 1543 his eponymous son agreed to grant the four pieces of pasture in Gaywood, referred to in his father’s will, to the corporation on condition that it appointed a suitably qualified priest as school master to teach six children who would pray daily for his father’s soul. The academy's name was changed to King Edward VII Grammar School in 1903, when it was amalgamated with the King’s Lynn Technical School. The current academy building was designed by Basil Champneys and opened in 1906 by King Edward VII. In 2007 the school was visited by Queen Elizabeth II as part of the centenary celebrations of the building. The school became an academy on 1 September 2014, sponsored by the CWA Academy Trust, and changed its name to King Edward VII Academy. King Edward VII Academy has a sister school in Chongqing, China.

King Edward Vii Academy Description

King Edward VII Academy is a large, mixed comprehensive secondary school in Gaywood Road, King's Lynn, Norfolk, England with around 1, 300 pupils, including about 300 in sixth form education. Prior to the school year beginning in September 1979, KES was an all-boys state grammar school. The school became an academy, sponsored by the College of West Anglia's CWA Academy Trust in September 2014 but following the College's withdrawal from school sponsorship in the summer of 2017 is now part of the Eastern Multi-Academy Trust. In July 2017 another critical Ofsted report judging the school to "require improvement" was followed by the resignation of its Principal, Craig Morrison. HistoryThe history of the school dates to 1510 when former Lord Mayor of Lynn Thomas Thoresby established a provision in his will for a priest to teach six children ‘in grammar and song’. In 1543 his eponymous son agreed to grant the four pieces of pasture in Gaywood, referred to in his father’s will, to the corporation on condition that it appointed a suitably qualified priest as school master to teach six children who would pray daily for his father’s soul. The academy's name was changed to King Edward VII Grammar School in 1903, when it was amalgamated with the King’s Lynn Technical School. The current academy building was designed by Basil Champneys and opened in 1906 by King Edward VII. In 2007 the school was visited by Queen Elizabeth II as part of the centenary celebrations of the building. The school became an academy on 1 September 2014, sponsored by the CWA Academy Trust, and changed its name to King Edward VII Academy. King Edward VII Academy has a sister school in Chongqing, China.

More about King Edward Vii Academy

King Edward Vii Academy is located at PE30 2QB King's Lynn, Norfolk
+441553773606
http://www.kesacademy.co.uk/